A lot of homeowners dream of having hardwood floors in their homes but are discouraged because of their cost. Does that mean you should give up that warm and elegant aesthetic you have always wanted? No! Why should you, when you can get the look of wood without shelling out too much?
Laminate floors have been a popular choice among homeowners across Canada for a lot of reasons – and one of those is the fact that laminate flooring can mimic the appearance of hardwood flooring, down to the texture, graining, and staining.
Here are some of the other reasons laminate floors are favoured by most homeowners:
- You do not have to worry too much about your toddler spilling drinks on a laminate floor as it is sturdy enough to withstand liquids. It is also resistant to scratches, impacts, and won’t easily fade in the sunlight.
- Laminate flooring is easy to install, that’s why it is also preferred by homeowners who enjoy tackling DIY projects. It does not require any special glue because of the way laminate floors snap together. It does not need to be nailed down. You can lay it on top of concrete, wood, or even older vinyl flooring.
- It’s a good choice for those suffering from allergies. It’s very sanitary because it has an airtight locking system. It doesn’t expand and contract like real wood. It also does not absorb dust and other allergens like carpets.
- Cleaning laminate flooring is as easy as 1-2-3. It does not even need waxing or polishing! All it requires is dusting or vacuuming and mopping with a damp cloth. It’s perfect for busy homeowners out there who hate the idea of having to spend hours on cleaning their floors. With laminate flooring, your weekend is yours!
- The core of laminate floor planks is made of eco-sustainable pine trees or post-industrial wood waste which would have been otherwise dumped in a landfill or burned. So yes, it does look like hardwood but without much impact on the forests.
- Did we mention that it’s a whole lot cheaper? Ah, yes we did. But did you know how much cheaper? Well, it’s cheaper than carpet and even less than half the price of real wood flooring.
With these many advantages, it’s no wonder that more homeowners choose to go for laminate floors. Find laminate floors that would fit every room in your house at Tony’s Flooring Centre! Visit us and we’d be more than happy to assist you!