You may be doing what you can to extend the life of your carpet. But the thing is, replacement is inevitable – no matter how much effort you put into its maintenance. That’s why it’s important that you recognize the signs that your carpet is saying goodbye to you. Take note that while some are quite obvious, there may be other subtler signs, too.
Here are some telltale signs you are in for an update soon:
- Carpet Stains – Do you still remember that very first stain and how you wanted to scream when you saw it happen? How long ago was that? Over the years, every spill gets a little bit easier to take and even ignore. Yes, when you’re so used to an element in your home, it’s easy to overlook what would be obvious to a fresh pair of eyes – that your carpet is just way too stained.
- Stench – You can’t imagine what your carpet goes through every single day. Not only do you walk around it, but your kids spill their snacks and juices on them, and if you have pets, you probably know what they do to your carpets, too. While you immediately clean up the mess, there will always be residue that you don’t get to. After a while, you’d start noticing a lingering odour that can’t be masked by air fresheners anymore. If that’s the case, even after a deep cleaning, it might be an indicator of mold and mildew. You’d definitely want to replace your carpet then.
- Wear and Tear – there will always be more battered spots on your carpet. That’s because some you walk on some areas of your house more than the others. Fibers can only withstand so much, and even if you vacuum and deep clean the carpet, it won’t necessarily return to its original form.
- Wrinkled or Uneven Padding – You probably already know that there’s more to your carpet than the beautiful surface you walk on. In fact, what holds and supports your carpet is a sturdy padding underneath. But as that padding absorbs more and more spills as time passes, it can get worn out too. If you notice that your carpet is uneven, it’s probably time to get a new one.
- Age – How old is your carpet? If you have been using it since your child’s toddler years and he’s now in college, you might want to consider a replacement soon.
So, do you recognize any of these signs? Are you in the market for a really good carpet? You might want to check out our great selection at Tony’s Flooring Centre. You can surely find one that suits your needs!